Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by Nicole to share 7 interesting things about myself! It didn't take long to figure out what I wanted to say...not because I think I'm THAT interesting, but because I'm constantly analyzing who I am! So here goes...

1. I eat french fries in twos. I don't know why, but I cannot eat just one fry at a time, nor do I desire to grab three or more. I like things in evens.

2. I am a rule follower. Perhaps its the need for order in my life, but I appreciate rules. The example that best reflects this is when standing in line for a Southwest flight. They now give you numbers so that we can all line up in order to board the plane. I seriously get so agitated when I see people lining up out of order so they can be closer to the front of the line. They give us numbers for a reason people!

3. I am maybe the most indecisive person you'll ever meet. I think about things so much that I rarely make a spontaneous decision. My mom would second this and tells people all the time that I was even so indecisive as a little girl that when she would take me grocery shopping, she would drop me off in the candy aisle, tell me to pick one thing out that she would buy me, and then go do her shopping. I would stand there looking at the candy trying to decide what I wanted for so long that she would come pick me up from that aisle when she was done and it was time to check out!

4. I was born tongue-tied. Yep, my tongue was connected to the bottom of my mouth and the doctors had to surgically disconnect so that I would be able to talk :) I have a little divot at the tip of my tongue because of it, I'll show you sometime.

5. I'm a recovering hypochondriac. It all started a few years ago when I was having serious stomach problems. I would just get intense stomach pain, nausea, and feel full after eating two bites of food. No doctor could find anything wrong so I started to think they were missing something. Soooooo...Dr. Lindsay discovered webMd.com and started to diagnose myself. Of course, I picked the worst case scenario (I'm also a recovering pessimist) and it all spiraled out of control from there. I'm happy to say I do not have leukemia....just a super acidic stomach that I take Prilosec for every morning :)

6. I may be quiet, but I usually do have something to say. I would call myself an introvert. I internalize things and am uncomfortable in a huge group of people. Thus, I tend to be pretty quiet, but don't let that fool you. I'm probably just thinking of all the things I want to say, but don't really feel the need to compete with the people who love to talk. Also, a lot of the time, what I'm thinking might get me in trouble if I say them out loud. I'm a rebel stuck inside a quiet girl's body. Poor Ryan is the only person who ever sees that rebel creep out :)

7. I relate smells to memories moreso than any other sense. I love when I smell something that floods my mind with different parts of my life. I can look at a picture of Christmas at my grandma's house and be able to reminisce, but if I smell brewing coffee during the winter, I'm actually back at my grandma's house crammed in the living room with the rest of my cousins playing "hide the spoon". I love, love, love the smell of no bake cookies, my dad's Polo cologne, cut grass, magnolias, Curve perfume, cigarette smoke (I know, weird, but thats my grandma swain), and flowers hot from the sun.

So here are the next 7 victims, mwaahaha :) Katie Sterbenz, Libby Snow, Katy Lang, Alyssa Burgess, Katelyn Sherman, Michelle Doan, Kelly Burgess

2 comments:

Lib said...

Well friend, I sure LOVED reading all that about you. Although I knew MOST of it...hehe. Gosh I could spend forever on your blog right now "catching up," but it makes me sad that it has to be via internet. I just miss our chats, drives in the car, talks on the couches. Man I wish I could squeeze you right now!! I had to do a LOT of catching up on your blog b/c I just haven't been in the blogging world as much as I was early on. I'm trying my best to get back into the swing of things. But I loved hearing your thoughts and all about your life. Keep it coming friend! I love you and miss you.

Nicole Gniffke said...

i love it!

reading this was a good laugh, not at you but just giggling at how funny you are... those are definately interesting things.

thanks for sharing!