Saturday, May 17, 2008

What if He is silent?

We've all prayed for neon lights or a "sign" to point us in the direction God wants us to go. But what about those times where He, as many fathers do at times, is silent as He watches his child make the decision? I think this happens more often than not, even Mother Teresa, when asked to pray for clarity denied the request because its not necessarily clarity that we need but trust. Its about trusting God not to give me what I think I need but to see me through. Journey vs destination. This is extremely hard for me as I figure out what trusting God is all about. I'm thinking that as long as I'm seeking him in the decision, I can't go wrong.

Ryan and I are facing one of the biggest decisions we will ever make in our marriage. This decision will be the start of a journey where we really see our two lives become one. We will learn to depend on each other more so than we have needed to here in Arizona. This is a decision that will not only affect us but our families, our friendships, our unborn children.

Please pray for Ryan and I as we set out to trust God. Pray for me, as a wife, that I would also trust Ryan as he leads our family, that I would support him because I know that he has my best interest in mind. I am excited for the change on the horizon and getting to fully experience what it means to cleave to my husband as we are now our own little family.

P.S. Please also pray that I don't have to give my Bella girl away to move somewhere. Thinking about that is the closest thing I think I can experience to being a mother and loving my "child" so so much :)

2 comments:

Eric Wakeling said...

We are genuinely praying for God's wisdom for you guys.

And for an audible voice from the clouds to say "GO WEST YOUNG MAN....errr....man and woman." :)

Julie said...

Lindsay, this is Julie, the admin at Calvary Church in Student Ministries! I honestly know what you are going through as we just moved here too a few monthes ago! It will be great to get to know you! I left a comment on your husbands blog to check out Las Palmas aparmtnents, they are awesome and you can bring your dog too! E-mail me if you have any questions. Wink, wink! Blessings, Julie